Sampath Kumar holds Doctorate from Pondicherry University for his research with UGC-JFR, on “Abhidhana Ratna Mala – A Study”. He served as Assistant professor in Sanskrit in D. G. Vaishnav College, Chennai and has authored and edited eight books. He has presented numerous research papers in Inter-National and National seminars. Besides proficiency in four languages viz., Sanskrit, English, Tamil and Hindi, he is a gifted poet who has composed many verses in Sanskrit. He has been conferred with “Acharya Ratna” award by Sri. Siva Swamy Kalalaya Education Society, Chennai in 2017 for his services to the field of education.
- Ph.D. (Lexicography), Pondicherry University.
- M.Phil. (Critical Edition), Univ. of Madras.
- M.A. (Sanskrit) Gold Medal from Univ. of Madras.
- B.A. (Sanskrit) Gold Medal from Univ. of Madras.
Sahitya, Alankara shastra, Grammar and Linguistics.
- Relevance of ancient Sanskrit literature to modern times
- Bhakti literature
- Comparative study of Sanskrit literature.