Saurabh Singanapalli is working towards his Ph.D. from IIT Bombay on ‘Understanding the use of image prompts to teach narrative writing to young second-language learners of English’. He holds an M.Phil. in English Language Education, and also an M.A in English (Media and Communication), from the English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad.
His primary interest and present work are in English Language Teaching, and also worked professionally as a language trainer, translator, and interpreter for Spanish and French, and as an e-learning content and materials designer. The other research areas that interest him include media adaptation studies, and storytelling and narratives. He is particularly interested in visual narratives and pictorial representations of stories, especially in the form of comics and graphic novels. At Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, he is teaching courses on English language and communication, presentation and writing skills, as well as elective courses on media and literature.
- Ph.D. - Visual Communication, ELT, IIT Bombay (Ongoing)
- M.Phil.- English Language Education (ELE), EFL University
- M.A. English, Media and Communication, EFL University
- B.A. English Literature, St.Xavier’s College.
- Areas of Teaching - Teaching Writing in English, English Communication and Presentation Skills, Visual Narratives, Storytelling and Language, Comparative Studies of English and Indian literature.
- Research Interests - Teaching Writing in English, Visual Narratives and Storytelling, Visual and Verbal language in Comics and Graphic Novels, Media Adaptations from Literature.
- Freelance Teacher/ Trainer/ Materials Designer / Voice-Over Artiste (Languages: English / French / Spanish)
- Maitrise Language Essentials Pvt. Ltd., Director and Lead, Writing and Translation (French and Spanish Training and Translation)
- Hewlett-Packard GeBC, Contract Administrator (Language Specialist-Spanish and French)